Procedures for Changing
Responsibilities of College Divisions:
- Division Chair approves faculty and adjunct faculty
requested room changes and submits signed Change of Master form prepared by
division secretaries, or sends an email requesting a room change.
- Analyzing any possible impact of changes to classes that are already
opened for registration and advertised in the printed class schedule (class
changes can confuse and disrupt students)
- Attaining consent from other Division Chairs when requesting changes into
rooms that have room preference allocated to another division
- Receiving and responding to the room and equipment needs of their
- Notifying instructors, students and staff of class changes, cancellations
or room changes and posting signs on classroom doors
Responsibilities of College Divisions Before Classes Start:
- Divisions provide instructors with classroom
- Divisions notifies enrolled students of change in
location of class meeting.
- Divisions post signs notifying students and staff of
class cancellations or room changes.
- Instructors need to inform Divisions and Faculty
Office Receptionist of temporary one-time only classroom changes and post a
change of classroom sign.
Occasionally the Instructional Services Team finds out from
the Enrollment Services staff or Security that an instructor has changed
classrooms on their own. Unless the instructor has posted a change of classroom
sign, students who are late for class can miss verbal instructions, and staff
cannot assist students who are trying to locate their class. Our team informs
the Division, who consults with the instructor. Our team is then informed by the
Division of any approved the requested room changes.
Responsibilities of Instructional Services Team:
- Researches and analyzes the availability of
- Assist Division Chairs, Faculty, and Division
Secretaries with resolving room scheduling conflicts and time/date issues.
- Update SIS.
- Publish room changes to online Classroom Scheduling Books on web.
- Communicate that room changes have been processed to
college staff via email.
- File documentation of processed room changes.
- Generate reports of utilization of classrooms.
Originally prepared 2/5/03
Page last updated by D. Sheldon on 7/26/04