ESL040 Grammar IV Final Exam Study Guide
The final exam is cumulative. That means everything that has been studied in this class will be on the test. We will not have regular classes next week. Next week is for final exams/projects/presentations only.
The final exam will be on Tuesday, May 7, from 1:00 pm to 2:50 pm.
Notice that the times are different from the regular
class meeting time! These times were not chosen by Diane; they
by the college (see the final exams schedule at
We will not meet on Thursday, May 9.
To prepare for the test, the best strategy is to review your 3 previous tests on:
1. Chapter 11 Nouns & Articles and
Chapter 12 Adjective Clauses,
2. The Conditional, and
3. Chapter 10 - The Passive.
4. There will also be new questions on Noun Clauses from Chapter 14.
review your graded computer quizzes:
1. HW2 Computer quiz on articles http://www.quia.com/quiz/4040931.html
2. HW3 Computer quiz on zero & 1st conditional http://www.quia.com/quiz/4135983.html
HW5 Computer quiz on the second conditional
4. HW6 Computer quiz on the third conditional http://www.quia.com/quiz/4151704.html
5. HW7 Computer quiz on the simple present & simple past passive voice - http://www.quia.com/quiz/4187523.html
6. HW8 Computer quiz on the present perfect & future passive voice - http://www.quia.com/quiz/4197765.html
7. HW9 Computer quiz on the present & past progressive passive voice - http://www.quia.com/quiz/4197766.html
8. Final Exam Review - http://www.quia.com/quiz/4197752.html
If you have extra time, review the
textbook & workbook exercises, the handouts, and these Powerpoint practice
1. Review various tenses in the passive voice PowerPoint activity.
2. Sentences describing laws, rules, or recommendations
using modals in the passive voice
3. Powerpoint to review using whose in adjective clauses (Ex. 20 on page 360) and handout on prepositions in adjective clauses
4. Noun clauses with where, when how, what, if/whether - Powerpoint
5. Handout on the conditional
Good luck! Relax and have confidence in yourself!